Challenge Course Facilitator
C.Y.O. Camp Brébeuf is a Catholic not-for-profit outdoor education centre located in Rockwood, Ontario. We provide quality year-round Outdoor Education programming to groups from Catholic and Public school boards as well as private groups. We are looking for enthusiastic people to fill the open positions on our outdoor team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for working with youth, teaching experience with small and large groups, as well as the ability to work in a busy outdoor camp environment in all weather conditions.
Title: Challenge Courses Facilitator
Placement Date: September 4th – December 14, 2018
Reports directly to: Outdoor Education Director
The primary role of the Challenge Courses Facilitator is to provide leadership to the C.Y.O. Camp Brébeuf Challenge Course program and act in conjunction with the Outdoor Facilitator team to deliver a safe and enjoyable program during the fall season.
• Providing specific training to C.Y.O. Camp Brébeuf Outdoor Education Facilitator Staff in challenge course activities.
• To watch for safety concerns at all times and meet camper and teacher needs.
• Providing direct delivery of the day to day operations of all Challenge Course related activities, including high ropes, rock climbing wall, and low ropes.
• Using creativity to design daily programming that combines the challenge by choice philosophy to challenge course activities for camper groups.
• Debrief activities and ensure students are having a complete learning experience.
• Prepare orders of supplies need to run a safe program throughout the Outdoor Education season.
• Keep a daily record of all equipment and ensure that it is inspected and organized and ready for use each day.
• Inspection of challenge course prior to each day of use.
• Report any problems to the Outdoor Education Director in a timely manner.
• Set an appropriate example for clients including: cleanliness, punctuality, dress, language, and attitude.
• Maintain a positive and professional, team-oriented work environment with all fellow staff.
• Other duties that support the Outdoor Education program as needed.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Must be at least 18 years of age at the beginning of camp.
• Must hold Level 2 certification from a challenge course professional trainer.
• Previous experience working with children of related age groups. (10-14).
• Current certification in Standard First Aid and CPR C.
• A clear vulnerable sector Criminal Reference Check.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Experience leading and training others in belaying technique.
We invited all qualified applicants to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Brendan Linwood, Outdoor Education Director
C.Y.O. Camp Brébeuf
C.Y.O. Camp Brébeuf is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Please contact our camp office for assistance if required.